Thursday, August 4, 2016

ABC renews four game shows

Great news if you are a fan of Celebrity Family Feud, Match Game, The $100,000 Pyramid and/or To Tell the Truth on ABC. All four game shows will continue in the summer of 2017 (so no mid-season cycles or daytime runs like speculated):

Here are the ratings averages from ABC:
1) Celebrity Family Feud: 1.5 18-49; 7.41 million viewers
2) The $100,000 Pyramid: 1.4 18-49; 7.03 million viewers
3) Match Game: 1.2 18-49; 5.76 million viewers
4) To Tell the Truth: 1.0 18-49; 4.7 million viewers

Last, I will say it is a bit interesting that the hosts (Harvey, Strahan, Baldwin and Anderson) were not mentioned from ABC earlier today. Will they all return for the 2017 season of their respective shows?


  1. If the new "$100,000 Pyramid" were to return with a different host, it might be a better program without ridiculous attempts at humor or dirty language used on purpose. If not, I would continue to avoid it after it failed to be prove itself worthy of my time after I decided to give it two more chances to do so (I did not like the first edition to be broadcast before giving it another chance during the premieres of the last two new editions).

    1. Oh, get over yourself. It's not 1982 anymore. What worked back then doesn't work now. It has to keep the audience's attention or it won't stay on the air. Go back to your video games.

    2. Don't bother telling him anything. He'll just simply tell you that your reply was not nice. That's Alvin Williams, a blogger from Mobile, Alabama who takes it upon himself to police the internet message boards, in which he's been banned from several. He's going to do a few things in the reply to this post:

      1) Say "You do not know my real name", when it's right on the Mobile, AL blogs with his horrendous style of writing.

      2) Demand that Scott Rahner take this reply and/his post down, which I hope Scott does not do.

      Oh, and Alvin - get bent.

    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    4. Quit harassing me and this other person, who may or may not even exist.

    5. The other person isn't the focus here....Just you. Do you even know what you're saying? Are you going to quit acting like the God of the Internet and stop correcting everyone's grammar, Alvin?

    6. Oh, I exist, Marioboy. Like I said, run along and play your video games.

    7. I was referring to the "blogger" the stalker had claimed to be me, not you.

    8. ...anyway, back to the video games for you. Run along now.

    9. Alvin, do you take us for morons or something? Do you honestly think people don't know Alvin Williams = Mario500?

      The author on that site is Alvin Williams.

      And, oh, look!

      Going to that site lists articles written by...Alvin Williams! Imagine that! No denying it, Alvin. Don't act so surprised when we call you Alvin.

    10. Leave me and this "blogger" alone, stalker. He and I (along with other folks with the same names or pseudonyms) would have you reported to law enforcement if you continue to harass us.

    11. Last of all, you still do not know my true name.

  2. Even though I have no interest in watching any of these current revivals of hese series, I think that the "Tweet a Lie" thing on Truth is really a dumb and useless addition in the 2016 revival. but that my opinion.

    Seriously what's the deal with Fremantle riding on the Social Media train?