Thursday, July 14, 2016

GSN Ratings 7/13: 'Skin Wars: Fresh Paint' hits another low

More ratings will come in as they are provided 

GSN primetime ratings for Wednesday, July 13th (All Times ET):
9:00pm Skin Wars: Fresh Paint (new): 357,000 total viewers/0.08 18-49; down 14% in total viewers from last week

This is the fourth straight week Skin Wars: Fresh Paint has dropped in total viewers. Obviously, this week marks another series low for Skin Wars: Fresh Paint


  1. Replies
    1. That's a good one, Tammy. Personally, I am not happy to see Skin Wars: Fresh Paint, Winsanity and Idiotest underperforming.

    2. I'm sure you know thanks to WOW cable we don't get GSN, but in protest I won't cry over failing ratings until they lessen some of the 200 hours per week of Family Feud. I think having Buzzr is the better of the 2 right now, even w/ their rerun issues.

    3. "I think having Buzzr is the better of the 2 right now, even w/ their rerun issues."

      I am sure the traditionalists who comment on this site, GameShowFollies and the forums enjoy Buzzr more. GSN just consists of the following now:

      1) Lots of Harvey Feud
      2) Good but limited oldies lineup (A.M.)
      3) Stale weekday afternoon lineup that has been very similar for the past 5 years at least
      4) Stale latenight lineup (endless Newlywed Game and Baggage reruns)
      5) Skin Wars and Skin Wars spin-off originals
      6) Limited true new game shows like Idiotest and Winsanity

    4. We changed from Xfinity to WOW due to the huge price & quality difference and I almost cried when I found out the one channel we'd lose was GSN. At that time variety was top notch. I remember late nights had Trivia Trap and Now You See It(2 of my favorites) and daytime was much better. I want to say they appealed to a wider audience then. They had a great mix of nostalgia, semi oldies like Regis Millionaire and decent in house product. I don't have the answer to what happened. Anybody???

  2. This is excellent news. All these crappy GSN originals can keep tanking as far as I am concerned.

    1. More originals tanking means more Steve Harvey Family Feud on the schedule, remember.

      Although this is on the Skin Wars: Fresh Paint post, at least other originals in decline like Idiotest and Winsanity are actual studio-based game shows.

    2. ...Yeah, but I like to see GSN's crappy originals go down the toilet. But they dont' seem to get the message. They just make more crap. I cannot wait to see what they will do once Harvey's popularity starts to wane, which it undoubtedly will one day.