Thursday, February 5, 2015

Ratings: 'The Chase' & 'Baggage On The Road' down week-to-week

From Tuesday night, courtesy of Douglas Pucci, the new episode The Chase, the celebrity episode, at 8pm ET drew in 598,000 total viewers. This is a drop of 20% in total viewers from last week's season premiere of 749K in the same timeslot and with the same lead-in. The last time an episode of The Chase dropped 20% in total viewers from the prior was on December 10-17, 2013, a 26% week-to-week drop. On the sidebar poll, 58% of voters agreed The Chase would drop week-to-week, which it did.

On Wednesday night, courtesy of Douglas Pucci, the entire primetime lineup itself fell from last week's highs. First, Idiotest reruns scored 488,000 total viewers at 8pm and 442,000 total viewers at 8:30pm ET. This hour of Idiotest is nearly even with last week (465K this week versus 464K last week with new episodes). At 9pm ET, Family Feud dropped from Idiotest to 425K total viewers and then 371K total viewers at 9:30pm. At 10pm ET, new episodes of Baggage On The Road drew 312,000 total viewers and 300,000 total viewers. This hour of new episodes is down 37% in total viewers versus last week's new episodes (306K on 2/4 versus 487K on 1/28).

Wednesday night was a declining mess for some reason. The 8:30pm Idiotest dropped 9% in total viewers from the 8pm Idiotest. Family Feud at 9pm dropped 4% from the 8:30pm Idiotest. 9:30pm Family Feud dropped 13% from the prior half-hour. At 10pm, Baggage On The Road dropped 16% from Family Feud at 9:30pm. The second episode of Baggage On The Road dropped 4% from the first. The good news is the entire three-hour block attracted a 0.1 in the 18-49 demographic.


  1. I think the strong performers this night was Idiotest and HF. Because they put up better numbers than BOTR. I guess the show's renewal odds went down after that disappointing night.

  2. "Celebrity" episodes always lower viewership, and nobody wanted to see the gay Baggage episodes.

    1. I don't recall if the last celebrity episode performed poorly of The Chase. The celebrity episode will look bad in ratings if next Tuesday's episode gets much higher viewership. If next Tuesday's episode gets around 550K, then the celebrities aren't the problem.

      As for BOTR, Wednesday night was a downward trend overall starting with Idiotest. Who knows why.