Sunday, June 8, 2014

'It Takes a Church' review

It Takes a Church finally made it to air after fourteen months of development and issues with casting. I just finished watching It Takes a Church, where I enjoyed the show more than I thought I would. Still, I do not think it will be an everlasting hit for the Game Show Network as predicted from an earlier post.

Church did drag on like other dating reality shows, which I was hoping would not happen. The end came swiftly and there were numerous other events in the show that kept the pace moving remotely fast. Church did detail efficiently the men themselves, including background and how they treated Angela.

When it comes to the "game show" element, there should be a greater mid-section of the show where there are more challenges worth a specific amount of points. It could appeal to the GSN audience in a studio-based background where all the physical activities would be done. For example, in this episode the stunt was the men, one at a time directing Angela blindfolded through an obstacle course.

Overall, 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment