Wednesday, April 9, 2014

GSN Schedule: Big things brewing?

With some schedule change fallouts including Bob Saget's 1 vs. 100 in late afternoons and the potential for a complete disappearance of Mind of a Man, some schedule changes are likely brewing. The past two years, we've had a round of schedule changes that have traditionally involved more Family Feud (May 2012, June 2012 again and June 2013). With 84 slots of post-2002 Family Feud on the schedule, the lowest since more than two years ago, will similar changes happen again?

This year, we have a completely new original, It Takes a Church, and a new season of a hit, American Bible Challenge. With these originals coming around the week of May 19th (Bible) and the week of June 2nd (Church), we can expect some schedule changes around those times.

One thing for sure: Mind of a Man will be gone some day sooner or later, with Steve Harvey's Family Feud returning to most, if not all of those slots. Plus, American Bible Challenge will probably pop up Friday, Saturday and Sunday in primetime reruns.

Plus, it's been time for a while for a new acquisition. The last major modern acquisition was Dog Eat Dog and Minute to Win It (Fieri) in the Summer of 2012. Since, we've had a bunch of classics, the re-acquisition of Bob Saget's 1 vs 100 and Shop 'Til You Drop.


  1. There will definitely be some schedule changes in late May-early June, mainly on weekends with Mind of a Man (hopefully) leaving the schedule and The American Bible Challenge and It Takes a Church getting some rerun slots.

    As for more Feud, it'll mainly be Harvey that gets more slots. I actually think Karn Feud will leave the schedule once its lease expires. I don't remember what month in 2007 it was when GSN acquired it, but I have a feeling the next time that month rolls around, Karn Feud will bid GSN a final farewell. I believe this is why Karn Feud hasn't aired on weekdays or on Monday nights in 3 months.

    I'm all for a new acquisition, preferably Wheel of Fortune. I would acquire a late 80s-early 90s season and put it at noon and then maybe the 2010-11 season to replace sherriwed on Sunday nights. I would also like to see the 2010-11 season of Jeopardy to go on Sunday nights to pair up with Wheel. I wouldn't mind if Syndie 5th Grader, Vieria's Millionaire, or Cash Cab were to be acquired, though I'm not gonna hold my breath for any of those.

    1. GSN acquired Karn Feud in January 2007.

  2. If you look at Directv, there are changes on 4/21

    9:00am - Password Plus
    9:30am - Whammy!
    10:00am - ?????????
    10:30am - $ale of the Century
    11:30am - Lingo (Woolery)
    2:30pm - Chain Reaction

    Looks like Pyramid/Blockbusters/Press Your Luck disappear off the schedule

    1. I've heard/seen nothing from GSN, Zap2It, TVGuide or advanced schedules but I'll keep an eye on it.

    2. 10 AM: The $25,000 Pyramid

  3. Word for word, this what my TV guide says starting April 21st.

    8:00am Match Game
    8:30am Match Game
    9:00am Password Plus
    9:30am Whammy/Press Your Luck
    10:00am $25,000 Pyramid
    10:30am Sale of the Century
    11:00am Super Password
    11:30am Lingo (Woolery)

    Chain Reaction also replaces The Pyramid at 2:30pm

    I don't know what 9:30am means, as on weekends my guide simply says Whammy. Hopefully it's only a placeholder until GSN acquires a fresh lease of Press Your Luck, similar to how Pyramid (Osmond) was a placeholder in May 2012 when a fresh lease of $25,000 Pyramid was being acquired.

    I will certainly miss Blockbusters and $100,000 Pyramid. I could always hope they'll get a weekend slot, but I doubt that will happen.

    Good to see Woolery Lingo and Chain Reaction back, not the timeslots I would've chosen, but still.

    I don't know if The Pyramid will keep its Sunday morning slot, but I'm assuming it will.

  4. I'm surprised STYD isn't placed in the morning hours.
    P+ at 9am and Whammy at 9:30am means the same schedule 7 days a week.

    Did they even go through all of the Blockbusters run yet? I saw Leland Yung the other day on it. If they did go through the entire run, put Rafferty's edition on instead.

    Also surprised they didn't add to the schedule again Abell's favorite: Acey Deucey.

    1. Yes. GSN has gone through the entire Blockbusters run since they re-acquired it in December.

  5. I can not see Chain Reaction reruns returning anytime soon, Karn Feud being axed from the lineup and some of the timeslots being occupied by Harvey Feud. Fortunately Woolery Lingo will be back as Mind of a Man possibily being taken off. But the only thing I do see is Wheel of Fortune eps from the 80s and early-mid 90s[pre electronic puzzle board era].

  6. I'm starting to think this schedule change is fake. It's been 3 days and Casey hasn't gotten any PDF's and Zap2it remains unchanged. Must be an error on directv's part.