Thursday, November 14, 2013

Saturday & Sunday night; 3am hour schedule changes

Courtesy of GSN/GameShowFollies/Casey Abell:

November 26-December 1
December 2-8
December 9-15
December 16-22

Note: Minute to Win It (Ohno) leaves schedule; no gain or loss for Family Feud (all)

Effective Saturday, November 30th through the remainder of December:
*The Chase gets the 8pm slot; replacing Dog Eat Dog (The Chase double-run 8-10pm)

Effective Sunday, December 1st and forward:
*Steve Harvey's Family Feud at 6pm; replacing Minute to Win It (Ohno)
*The Newlywed Game (Shepherd) from 7pm to 11:30pm; replacing The Chase, 1 vs 100 and Minute to Win It
*The Chase at 11:30pm; replacing The Newlywed Game
*1 vs 100 (Saget) at 12:30am; replacing Steve Harvey's Family Feud
*Love Triangle at 1:30am; replacing The $100,000 Pyramid

Effective Monday, December 2nd and forward:
*Blockbusters (Cullen) at 9am; replacing Super Password
*Syndicated Sale of the Century at 10am
*Shop 'Til Your Drop at 12-1pm; 4-5pm; replacing Karn Feud
*Richard Karn Family Feud at 5-6pm; replacing the John O'Hurley version

Effective December 16-20 (and I'm guessing December 23-27 as well):
*At 3-4am, What's My Line? and I've Got a Secret; replacing Baggage (some episodes "New to GSN")

On Sunday, December 22nd, GSN will air reruns of American Bible Challenge, replacing Minute to Win It

Good, very acceptable changes.

All Times Eastern


  1. The Chase replacing Dog Eat Dog at 8pm was a good call, it should've been that way to start with.

    I can't stand Sherri, I'm sticking with Sunday Night Football. At least The Chase and 1 vs. 100 stay on Sunday nights though. Love Triangle disgusts me, I guarantee you Lingo would've done much better at 1:30am.

    New classic acquisitions work for me, maybe in April, more can be acquired like Scrabble, Card Sharks, or maybe even late 80s/early 90s Wheel of Fortune.

    What's My Line and I've Got a Secret will definitely be 2 weeks, I just hope Baggage doesn't get 3am back, I would suggest that starting in January, put either Match Game or Jeopardy, since it's "ban from the schedule" will be over by then, in the 3am hour. Of course, I'll take any classic in the 3am hour, and the 1am and 2am hour as well**Hint, Hint, GSN**

    American Bible Challenge appears to be the 2 season finales on the 22nd, we'll see if it works.

  2. *GSN must be liking the numbers for The Chase or else, I do not think it would have gotten that Saturday 8pm slot.

    *Sherri's better than Ohno MTWI for now. Her numbers prove very well most weeks on Thursday nights and Saturday mornings

    *Thry should have the 'Bible' marathon in primetime, advertised, and even the reruns could get ~400K viewers

  3. If GSN is liking The Chase's numbers, then maybe there's still hope for a season 3. I'll take The Chase over Dog Eat Dog any day, so I'll take this change.

    Sherri might get better ratings, but I'm not gonna watch it. Looks like Ohno MTWI won't be back unless "season 2" really happens, which I'm starting to wonder if it will.

    American Bible Challenge would do much better if it was in its traditional Thursday night slot, though I have a feeling these episodes will be advertised, just very poorly like last year's December 23 marathon.

  4. Looks like Dog Eat Dog is getting axed from Saturdsy nights even sooner. Dog Eat Dog stays on 11/16 but The Chase now airs at 8 & 9pm effective 11/23.

    Still stays Saturday at 3pm

  5. Good to see Dog Eat Dog getting reduced, hopefully next July it will leave the schedule completely.

    Dog Eat Dog might do decent at 3pm, but I think 1 vs. 100 or Shop 'til You Drop would do better. Same thing for 3am weekends.