Monday, November 11, 2013

'Game Show Network'

I've been noticing lately on most GSN advertisements, mainly for Mind of a Man and The Chase that GSN, once again is rebranding themselves as "Game Show Network". Sure, there cable network plug is still "GSN" but this is the second time in the past two years when either "Game Show Network" text has been displayed and/or the announcer said it. The last time the "Game Show Network" text was used was in the Summer of 2012 when the network was promoting shows such as American Bible Challenge and The Pyramid.

GSN was officially "Game Show Network" prior to 2004.

Another GSN plug I'm liking is how they are advertising the second season of The Chase. A much different and more traditional way.

1 comment:

  1. Last year when they called themselves "Game Show Network", it was right before the ads for Family Trade started, once those started, the "Game Show Network" name went away. I have a feeling this is the same thing only this time it's for Skin Wars, they're probably doing this just to show the long time fans that they "haven't forgotten where they came from", but I have a feeling this will go away by the end of the year. If that's the case, I'll be sure to include this in my BIG YouTube rant video that I'm still considering making.