Thursday, October 3, 2013

GSN's The Chase official premiere date

GSN has officially announced today via press release that the second season of The Chase will premiere Tuesday, November 5th at 8pm (Eastern).

No word yet if GSN will air back to back episodes, but it will most likely be a single-run. No other original is expected to air that night. Currently Tuesday nights, Minute to Win It (Ohno) airs new at 8pm while The Chase airs at 9pm in reruns.

In its first season of The Chase, consisted of six episodes averaged 464,000 viewers, topping GSN's Minute to Win It production. The second season of The Chase will feature ten episodes.


  1. If The Chase is the only original airing on Tuesday nights, then Minute to Win It must be leaving the schedule. It needed a rest, though if this is the case, then I wouldn't be surprised if GSN burns off all the remaining episodes in a Thanksgiving marathon, I was hoping they're would be no more Minute marathons, but if this is the last one, I think I can let it slide, since I'll probably be visiting relatives that day anyway.

    If Minute leaves, here's what I think will happen to all of it's timeslots.
    All Tuesday airings replaced by The Chase.
    Saturday night, Karn Feud at 8 and O'Hurley feud at 9 or The Chase.
    Sunday night, this 4 hour block is a question mark to me, so I don't know what would happen to it, though I hope it's a new acquisition like Syndie 5th Grader, Syndie Millionaire, Wheel of Fortune, or even Cash Cab. As long as it's NOT more slots for Mr. Rerun.

    1. I would bet The Chase reruns take over Saturday night. The Tuesday reruns have held up pretty nicely, ~350K ratings. While on Sunday, I really really hope for a big acquisition too, highly doubt more Family Feud, even there.

      The Chase would probably get a slot on Sundays, early evening.

  2. One interesting note from the press release: GSN now claims 79 million available households. At this year's upfront they predicted 80 million by the end of the year. Guess they're getting close.